Prime specimen!

mibblead

Took princess and George to their first vet check this week and have to say I'm feeling rather proud, the vet made a huge fuss of them both, gave princess a slight beak trim and wormed them both and kindly asked if he could take pictures of them both as they are 'prime specimens' to show other clients of exactly how they should look, he said they are in tip top condition, shells look great and exactly as they should be, perfect weight etc, one happy tort owner, felt like I had two little super stars walking out of there!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's always a load off your mind, huh? Good job.

mibblead

Definitely! I'm very pleased :) puts my mind at rest that I'm doing the right things for them, I've only had them about three weeks but told the vet about the enclosure and food etc and he said everything I'd told him is spot on for them, I'm so glad I joined here cos this is where I got all the advice from

mibblead

Haha I've been lucky with most of my pets no massive costs so far but yeah i can imagine, prices are huge at the vets!

Kori5

We managed 41 years before a vet visit became necessary. Not too bad really :)
That's impressive. I believe I've read somewhere that Tom said he never had an ill tortoise. What made you take him that first time?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
That's impressive. I believe I've read somewhere that Tom said he never had an ill tortoise. What made you take him that first time?
URI straight out of hibernation. Then back more than once because he wasn't gaining weight... and eventually for a testosterone implant to curb his desires so he could get sex off his mind long enough to actually eat and drink. It was a tricky 12 months!

Kori5

URI straight out of hibernation. Then back more than once because he wasn't gaining weight... and eventually for a testosterone implant to curb his desires so he could get sex off his mind long enough to actually eat and drink. It was a tricky 12 months!
Wow he really was a sex maniac :D.