problem going for a wee wee

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky

5 Year Member
hi everyone i am new to this site so please forgive me if i have put this in the wrong place, hope everyone is OK.
I have a marginated Tortoise and today he was going for a we we and it was like his intestine come out about an inch then it went back in this only happened the once today and it's the only time i have seen it he seems fine in him self but does anyone know what this could be at all or know what i should do about it
Thank you all for your time

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
It sounds like you have a boy, and he was flashing his penis ;) Males do this quite often as they reach sexual maturity. As long as he did not seem to be straining, it was probably just a penile prolapse and not an actual intestinal prolapse.

sparky

5 Year Member
Hi thank you for getting back to me yeah you are right i have a boy, he didn't seem to be straining at all, would this explain why he has been rubbing the back of his shell just above his bum he rubs his shell quiet often is this a sign of anything or would he just be scratching?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When boy tortoises go through "puberty" they discover their penis and play with it a bit. They start to lose interest after a couple weeks.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
when i catch my guys 'playing' they are standing funny and rocking back and forth. swiveling..?
when you see your guy doing this,, look underneath and see if you see something.. careful it might shock you!

sparky

5 Year Member
Hi to you all and thank you very much for your help you have made my mind rest now i thought my billy was ill but glad he is all ok. maybe i should think about getting him a girlfriend now
Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.