problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
Hi everyone!
I just noticed elevated growth rings on my 5 month old greek tortoise. I'm worried it is the start of pyramiding! I tried to upload a pic, but it kept saying the file is too large. Can anyone tell me if elevated growth rings is consistant with pyramiding? The scutes are not elevated or pyramiding, just the rings around them.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Sounds fine to me :)

If you upload your pictures to a photo website (like photobucket) they automaticly resize your photos to a size that works on the internet. :)

Danny

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Snapper said:
The scutes are not elevated or pyramiding, just the rings around them.

Greek Torts are named for the pattern that looks Greek. Yes, some are found in Greece.

Make sure that they are burrowing in warm moist substrate like cypress mulch. Your trying to mimic they're moist soil burrows.

Let's see some Tort pics. :)

Snapper

5 Year Member
British Columbia
webskipper said:
Snapper said:
The scutes are not elevated or pyramiding, just the rings around them.

Greek Torts are named for the pattern that looks Greek. Yes, some are found in Greece.

Make sure that they are burrowing in warm moist substrate like cypress mulch. Your trying to mimic they're moist soil burrows.

Let's see some Tort pics. :)

I just switched the subsrate to coconut coir. It stays pretty damp underneath, but not too damp. I have heard lots of conflicting info regarding greek care. I am a first time tortoise owner, so I can get a little worried over nothing because I am in uncharted territory. The breeder keeps the torts pretty dry, but soaks them. that was what I was doing, but now I also keep the substrate moist as well.
I would love to post some pics, but I apparently don't know what I'm doing...I would love for someone to tell me whay subspecies I have. The breeder said something about African, but wasn't sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.