Prolapsed penis

paper_boy

10 Year Member!
When woke up this morning, I saw this. I did a 15min warm bath, then put sugar in his penis. After washing off the sugar, I placed petroleum jelly all around and gently teased it inside.

It must been out at least a few hours. Do you guys see any necrotic tissue?

7D85D4C7-0A16-4333-9913-F5AC5A50D230.jpeg32EB756D-D99C-4A9F-A1AA-4362B11BA170.jpeg5B6164A8-1F82-46AB-952D-878424CA864F.jpeg

Attachments

• 749A88BB-EC35-42CA-B3FF-5623685E8550.jpeg
    749A88BB-EC35-42CA-B3FF-5623685E8550.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

Sa Ga

Location (City and/or State)
MN
Poor baby! I'd take him to an experienced tortoise vet to be sure there isn't something you missed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think this is ok. When males come to breeding age, they do put out their penis frequently as they become familiar with it. It's not "prolapsed" until it comes out (more than what you show in your pictures) and stays out.

You did the right thing to gently push it back inside, but my guess is he would have put it back in on his own after he got tired of playing with it.

Now try to figure out if there's another reason for it coming out beside him playing with it. Could he be straining hard due to constipation, parasites, impacted gut? Eliminate everything that might cause straining, and you'll be left with the fact that he's just discovered it.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I think this is ok. When males come to breeding age, they do put out their penis frequently as they become familiar with it. It's not "prolapsed" until it comes out (more than what you show in your pictures) and stays out.

You did the right thing to gently push it back inside, but my guess is he would have put it back in on his own after he got tired of playing with it.

Now try to figure out if there's another reason for it coming out beside him playing with it. Could he be straining hard due to constipation, parasites, impacted gut? Eliminate everything that might cause straining, and you'll be left with the fact that he's just discovered it.
My 2 yr old Sucata (Sammy) 9pds+ has been showing off his penis for about 6 to 8 months now. My wife was first to see it and she thought that theirs was something seriously wrong because he was supposed to be a girl.He is not shy on when he has it out.
It starts almost every morning doing his soaking but many times, I've caught his hiding in a corner standing high on all four with his penis out rocking back in fourth. I have a few picture and a video if any body is interested in seeing.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I caught Opo standing tall today and I could see him wagging back and forth underneath :rolleyes:
On the 22nd of this mouth I took a video over 2 minutes long from the time I see him, until the time he was finished and the he ate a little bit and than took a nap. Here's a picture ,the video shows a little more exposure. I apologize if this picture afends anybody.

Attachments

• 20191129_112455.jpg
    20191129_112455.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Does he put it back in? Are his poops hard?

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Now y’all got me worried, I’ve had my Russian tort Franklin since 2012, and back when I got him confirmed he’s 100% male due to his tail length and shape underneath his tail. But I’ve never ever seen him whip out his bits or play with them, only ever saw a little something something come out of his tail when I had to trim his beak and stressed the living crap out of him and myself (local vet would only do it under anesthesia and I wasn’t comfy with that) but it was never full out flag flying.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Does he put it back in? Are his poops hard?
Yes, most of the time he does put in back in, there's only one time that he kept it out and walked around the bare tiled floor and got a scratch on it which caused it to bleed a little bit. Sometimes I will just pull on his tail and he will pull it in. His poop is pretty regular on the texture, firm but not hard, a couple days ago his poop was a little soft. But he been eating alot more greens lately. ( Chicory - Italian Dandelion ). Cut back on his greens, he's eating a little more Mazuri LS, poop was back to firm this morning.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Now y’all got me worried, I’ve had my Russian tort Franklin since 2012, and back when I got him confirmed he’s 100% male due to his tail length and shape underneath his tail. But I’ve never ever seen him whip out his bits or play with them, only ever saw a little something something come out of his tail when I had to trim his beak and stressed the living crap out of him and myself (local vet would only do it under anesthesia and I wasn’t comfy with that) but it was never full out flag flying.
When I got my Sucata, I payed extra for a famale (Tortoise Town). When we first noticed that he was not a girl. It took a few days and a lot of pictures sent to a group of professionals at "TT" to confirm it was a Boy, they never mentioned my refund. The first picture that I sent yesterday is when he was just relaxing, this picture is from the video I took the other day when he was in the middle of enjoying himself. ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200130-212905_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200130-212905_Video Player.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 24

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes, most of the time he does put in back in, there's only one time that he kept it out and walked around the bare tiled floor and got a scratch on it which caused it to bleed a little bit. Sometimes I will just pull on his tail and he will pull it in. His poop is pretty regular on the texture, firm but not hard, a couple days ago his poop was a little soft. But he been eating alot more greens lately. ( Chicory - Italian Dandelion ). Cut back on his greens, he's eating a little more Mazuri LS, poop was back to firm this morning.
He likes the LS? I have heard from many members when they tried to change to LS. Their torts wouldn't touch it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
When I got my Sucata, I payed extra for a famale (Tortoise Town). When we first noticed that he was not a girl. It took a few days and a lot of pictures sent to a group of professionals at "TT" to confirm it was a Boy, they never mentioned my refund. The first picture that I sent yesterday is when he was just relaxing, this picture is from the video I took the other day when he was in the middle of enjoying himself. ??
Yep when they are standing tall you know what's going on.

Sa Ga

MN
On the 22nd of this mouth I took a video over 2 minutes long from the time I see him, until the time he was finished and the he ate a little bit and than took a nap. Here's a picture ,the video shows a little more exposure. I apologize if this picture afends anybody.

Now, he's just showing off...

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
He likes the LS? I have heard from many members when they tried to change to LS. Their torts wouldn't touch it.
Yes he eats the Mazuri LS like a little kid eating a bunch of MM's. That the first thing in the morning and the last thing at night that he eats. He also eats regular Mazuri , but eats more of the LS. He also eat a variety of food doing the day. He eats all day, it's like watching a toddler that don't listen and want's to do what he wants.

Sa Ga

MN
He behaved himself today.

He sounds like he has a lot of character! (Just don't bring him around company!)

Do you let him roam freely? Is he very interactive, or does he slink off to do his own thing most of the time?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes he eats the Mazuri LS like a little kid eating a bunch of MM's. That the first thing in the morning and the last thing at night that he eats. He also eats regular Mazuri , but eats more of the LS. He also eat a variety of food doing the day. He eats all day, it's like watching a toddler that don't listen and want's to do what he wants.
Yep you definitely have a tortoise. :):tort:

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
He sounds like he has a lot of character! (Just don't bring him around company!)

Do you let him roam freely? Is he very interactive, or does he slink off to do his own thing most of the time?
He has alot of character! He is very friendly and always wants attention, he is just starting to use his size to push things around when he roams around my lower level of my house. Thank goodness for tiled floors, easy clean up. He roams around all day.

Attachments

• 20200131_193600.jpg
    20200131_193600.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 17
  • 20200129_203709.jpg
    20200129_203709.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20200117_185256.jpg
    20200117_185256.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 11