protein?

baldegale

so i have a RF tortoise hes about 5-6 years old and is 6-7”, ive just discovered recently that he needs protein. so, im stuck trying to figure out how to give it to him and what to give him. im currently hard boiling some eggs to give him one. can i give him the shell too? i know its calcium. but other than eggs what can i give him? ive tried superworms already and he wasn’t remotely interested. im open to anything!

baldegale

i ended up feeding him one whole hard boiled egg and shell (cut up and shell crushed obviously) he absolutely loved it. ate every single bit of it. now im wondering how often i should do this?

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
When I had redfoots , I gave them a boiled egg ( shell & all ) once a week , earthworms ( bought at a bait store ) pieces of boiled chicken. I’d say about 70% of their diet was greens / 30% protein. They grew very well. I don’t keep them any more , so ...
You probably can get more detailed diet advice from those who specialize in Redfoots.

baldegale

When I had redfoots , I gave them a boiled egg ( shell & all ) once a week , earthworms ( bought at a bait store ) pieces of boiled chicken. I’d say about 70% of their diet was greens / 30% protein. They grew very well. I don’t keep them any more , so ...
You probably can get more detailed diet advice from those who specialize in Redfoots.

ill try the earthworms next week probably, but he definitely loved the egg. he at all of his lettuce then sat there for 30mins to an hour to eat every bit of the egg

Reptilian Feline

Location (City and/or State)
Sweden
Mushrooms... they love them.
Soaked dog kibble is a nice treat too, especially Tank Girl loves them... makes it easier to bring her to me so I can take her out of her tank.
And the staple in the winter... Versele-Laga Crispy Snack Fibres with 13% protein. Soaked of course.