Status
Not open for further replies.

hlester22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
This is my puppy Odin
020212162328.jpg

He is about 4 and a half months old. Hes pretty smart. He dosent bark much, so I trained him to ring a bell by the door when he wants to go out. He picked that up in a day. I've also been able to teach him, sit, stay, paw and roll over. The problem I'm having is, when he goes into play mode, theres no snapping him out of it. He sees every move I make as me wanting to play with him. I know hes a puppy and doing what babys do best, and I know the fault is mine not his. But I also have a human baby running around, so sometimes it's just not a good time for him to be running around like a mad dog.

What should I be doing to get him calm when he acts up? He gets a daily walk, hes not allowed to walk in or out of doors first, and hes not allowed to eat, when I put his food down until I tell him to. I'm pretty new to dog training, so any advice to help me teach him better manners would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Talk to tom he is a dog trainer.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Crate him. At his age I prefer to avoid problems rather than deal with them. When he is older and more mentally mature, then you can work on "solving" this problem. The damage from too much pressure put on a puppy can be substantial and irreversible. If the dog were a year old or so, the problem could be fixed with a correction or two. I vote you let him be a puppy for a while longer and fix it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.