Pyramiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea, UK
Hi,

I got my Hermanns tortoise back at the beginning of november at 3 months old, he was already pyramiding slighty, i have been going crazy trying to make sure all condiitons are correct to ensure further growth is smooth, he is now 9 months old and i believe that these photos are showing that new growth is smooth, could i please have peoples opinions on whether he is still pyramiding or whether his shell is now growing smoothly.

He had to be overwintered due to parasites, he has been living in a table top enclosure about 1m by 0.5m. He is on a substrate of coco humus mixed with a little sand, i would really like to have him on soil but i have found it impossible to find organic soil here in the part of germany i live. The humidity at my torts level is just over 60% (i water the substrate on the end of the heat lamp). He has a humid hide of about 90% that he regularly uses. His basking spot is about 34 degrees C with a cool end of about 23 degrees C. His basking lamp is a combined heat and UV lamp (so expensive but worth it for the little guy!), also has a normal tube light just for extra light. He is fed a 100% weed/flower/plant diet that is sprinkled daily with nutrobal and extra limestone flour. He has a water bowl. He gets daily soaks from between 5 - 10 mins, depending on how long he stays still for. He currently weighs 41.4g and is 5.9cm SCL.

Any opinions on the pics or advice would be much appreciated!

Jimmyoutside373.jpg

Jimmyoutside387.jpg

Jimmyoutside200.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
The new growth looks smooth to me! I am not an expert however, so I'll let someone else answer :)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Yes, the new growth looks smooth. (He isn't badly pyramided at all!) Looks like you are doing a great job, and he's lucky you chose him!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I think his shell looks great and it is cute how in that last photo the grass looks like a little leash tied around his neck to keep him in the yard! :D

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Your tortoise looks great, no worries.! Douglas

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Stephanie Logan said:
I think his shell looks great and it is cute how in that last photo the grass looks like a little leash tied around his neck to keep him in the yard! :D

haha I had to go back and look- too funny!!
He is a very handsome tort!

Status
Not open for further replies.