pyramiding

can anyone tell me from this picture if my tortoises shell is smooth or pyramiding please.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160726_0002.png
    wp_ss_20160726_0002.png
    506.3 KB · Views: 106

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Beautiful carapace maybe just tiny bit "ridgy" towards the back... Picture from the side woupd help. But whatever it is you must gove yourself credit for doing a great job keeping this tort

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
No. I can't tell from that angle. Do a profile shot from level with the tortoise.

ok I'm working till later will post one when I get home thanks for your replies.doing the best I can I worry a lot thank you

thanks,yeah I have a uve light and heat light an all in one it is and diet is good gets lots of things he needs,also just started growing tortoise plants and weeds and rocket for him has calcium on his food twice a week and bathed plenty of times a week or at least 3 times minimum,at the moment he has just top soil in his indoor enclosure which I'm changing this week to coco coir,as I think that is a bit of the problem as it doesn't stay moist for long.just a another question he is 3 yrs old so do I need to have his night heat light on.i haven't for a while as the temperature does drop below 25 Celsius.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
oh thats ok then right now its 30C.
Your home is 30C at 9.30pm? That's hot! You live in the UK right? Mine is 23C and I live in the south.

What is the normal low room temperature at night? Unless you live in a old draughty property and/don't have central heating, it's unlikely your home gets all that cold at night. Maybe 12-14 in winter. You might need supplementary heat then.

A thermostat with a CHE helps you to supply night heat only when it's needed.

Your tort is no longer a baby. It's a juvenile - sub-adult if you like.

yeah thats in the kitchen though I haven't a thermometer in the room harry is in looking at his temp in his enclosure now is 23C it is also 19C outside tonight.yes I live in wales.