"Q" is eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonraser

5 Year Member
Good news..."Q" is eating since yesterday...I saw she was weak on her legs...the lack of foods in the past few days I guess... so I got her some cat food (diet from redfoots.com) and she jump on it and ate everything and clean the dish for me...hehe! ;)
He even went to explore the surrounding a little bit.

I have a question…is it possible she don’t like to be soak in water? Every time I put her in the water dish she tries to climb out :rolleyes:

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
Great!! Red foots love the water. They get dehydrated easily so they need to drink and soak regularly. She will go in the water dish when she's ready. It's good to introduce it to her like you're doing.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Young Red-foots often do not like 'forced soaks'. If her weight and eyes look good, you don't need them very often, if at all. Better to offer a shallow dish she can get into and out of safely and can sit in if she wants. I find that it is better if it is situated so the water stays warm.

I think that good humidity, moist foods (I often spritz mine), good access to drinking water, and the ability to soak if she wants usually takes care of it.

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
When I first got Themistocles, my Redfoot, I was worried she wasn't getting enough water and would put her in water like you're doing and often she would climb out pretty quickly. I didn't want to force her at all, so I always let her climb out even if it was right away. Nowadays, five months later, she's climbing in on her own quite often. Also, I can agree that she seemed more eager about it when I made sure the water was warm.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Haha, these posts are even funnier since Taco does the exact same thing. Always wants to climb out after 3-4 minutes of soaking, though she's improving a little since I now put the small warm washcloth on her back and then dip water out and pour it over so the cloth stays warm and the water really circulates.

No one can accuse me of not pampering my Princess Bean!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.