Question about a Craigslist ad

abclements

5 Year Member
I'm not a sulcata guy, but other than a little pyramiding, he looks fairly healthy. Make sure your friend know that these guys get huge!!!! He could probably benefit from a heated/humid hide box in his outside enclosure so he can go in and out as he pleases. It will help with smooth out future growth.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Along with the above. You can ask the people selling it how often they soak and do they provide water 24/7. It doesn't look bad at all.

HerpMS

5 Year Member
Orlando, FL.
Thanks for the input everyone!

This is what the current owner said about the soaking... "S/he is a little over a year. Maybe 6 inches. It has a soaking dish in its enclosure that it goes into whenever it needs to soak."

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
As soon as your friend gets it, give it a warm soak for 20-30 minutes. Then I would soak him every other day, until it's closer to 8 inches. Then you can cut back to one or twice a week, as long as he does use his soaking dish to either drink or soak. Also, provide 80% humidity at least in a sleeping hide.

HerpMS

5 Year Member
Orlando, FL.
That's great advice, thank you! I'm passing on all of this information and of course told them that I can only support then getting the tort if they sign up here too :D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I will take it if you ask me.

Happy adoption and ask your friend to send photo to us in the forum.