Question about hatchling size MEE or MEP

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Sure. I'll post a picture in a little while. I just finished their new enclosure and I'm getting ready to put them out there today. Well it's not totally finished... I still want to put a misting system up in the trees. Also want to improve on their water hole but for now it'll work to get them out of my pantry...lol. here's an older picture... about 4 months ago? We took them with us trying to escape hurricane Irma up in Tallahassee Florida. They spent a couple of days in that tub...

Attachments

• IMG_20170910_165553.jpg
    IMG_20170910_165553.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
The reason I think regular weighing is sooo important. When a tort gets sick sometimes you can't tell until it's too late or VERY sick. One of the fastest ways to tell if they're coming down with something (or being bullied) is watching their weight. I just did the monthly weigh in and MEP1 Simon didn't gain at all! He actually lost 50 grams. He's acting and eating good so hopefully it's a bullying thing and the huge new enclosure will help but now I'm on gaurd for any physical or personality changes...I totally recommend regular weigh-ins. Today's weights...

MEP1 Simon
@ 39.0 month old = 3348 grams
MEP2 Helga
@ 39.0 month old = 3639 grams