Question about humid hides

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hi,

I'm just wondering if it is safe for torts to sleep in a humid hide at night time? The lowest temperature in the tort room at night is 17 degrees C and that was in December. What temperature would be considered to cold that humidity becomes bad and can cause Respiratory problems?

I've been on the TFO for a little while but I'm still learning so please excuse me if this is a stupid question.:D

Thank you

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You have Sulcatas, I think? (If not, please say the species and age/size)

Temperatures should not drop below 27C day or night.

You need a Ceramic Heat Emitter used in conjunction with a thermostat and this must run 24/7

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
You have Sulcatas, I think? (If not, please say the species and age/size)

Temperatures should not drop below 27C day or night.

You need a Ceramic Heat Emitter used in conjunction with a thermostat and this must run 24/7
No I have 3 Greek tortoises, they will be a year old in the summer. They sleep inside at night time, go out daily for 30 minutes to an hour if weather permits. Temps down to 23 degrees c at night with no problems.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
No I have 3 Greek tortoises, they will be a year old in the summer. They sleep inside at night time, go out daily for 30 minutes to an hour if weather permits. Temps down to 23 degrees c at night with no problems.

In a closed chamber with high humidity, which youngsters that age should be in, then the 27C minimum still stands.

When outdoors, the lower humidity means they can tolerate lower temperatures but it is risky with such young tortoises.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
In a closed chamber with high humidity, which youngsters that age should be in, then the 27C minimum still stands.

When outdoors, the lower humidity means they can tolerate lower temperatures but it is risky with such young tortoises.
They are housed in there own tortoise tables with plexiglass covering more than half of the opening to maintain humidity. The basking spot is 37 degrees c sometimes goes up to 39. Ambient temps is 29 degrees C. Humidity is 60%-70% during the day.