1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Question about indoor tortoise table

Discussion in 'Tortoise Enclosures' started by SamMV, Mar 4, 2018.

1. SamMV

SamMV New Member

I am upgrading my tortoise enclosure and am unsure of where to place my light bulb (heat). It is currently in the corner of her medium plastic tub.

We've built a larger two-level tortoise table, and I'm not sure if the light should still go in a corner, or if it should be In the center? Any advice is appreciated.
  2. Alex Z

Alex Z Well-Known Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Welcome, a pic would help of your setup to get a better idea.
  3. SamMV

SamMV New Member

Hi, thank you! I've been reading through the forum for months, but didn't join until recently. :)

This is the new enclosure. It's still a work in progress with setting it up. I'll be planting grass seeds on the top layer, so I think it will need some light/heat as well. I'm thinking about maybe having two lights, since there's a large area to cool down on the bottom part. :)

Attached Files:

4. Alex Z

Alex Z Well-Known Member

Is this for a russian tort??