Question about plants

Auntie0323

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
  • We have a Russian tortoise ans wanted to m if lilac or rose of Sharon flowers and leaves are ok treat? Not exactly sure which tree it is. Will attach pics. Also we have a "sedum" planted and want to double check its saftey as will. Thanks in advance Leslie and Stormy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
hi there, check out the tortoise table website . they have a huge database as well as plant id section. pics are a bit blurry but great resource :)

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
The first two are a type of Hylotelephium formerly called Sedum. I wouldn't.
The Hibiscus looks fine.

Prairie Mom

• We have a Russian tortoise ans wanted to m if lilac or rose of Sharon flowers and leaves are ok treat?
Yes, I agree... both of those are fine to feed your tortoise. My tortoise and many other forum members say that their tortoise likes Rose of Sharon flowers and leaves. Lilac flowers are okay to eat as well, but they are extremely bitter. -I'd be curious if your tortoise likes them. In regards to lilac leaves... I have torn up lilac leaves and mixed it in my tortoises grass & weeds. She'll eat them fine if they're torn and mixed in, but doesn't usually snack on the bushes in my yard. My tortoise will eat lilac leave voluntarily ONLY when they are young and just beginning to bud. She seems to like those.