Question about plastron peeling

Mons

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
I have a 3 month old Russian tortoise (Shelly). I'm wondering if what I'm seeing on his shell (both carapace and plastron, near each other) is normal peeling. I'm not really sure what that looks like yet, since we just got him in August. He's a healthy little dude who eats a lot, gets a varied diet, and defecates a lot during bath time (30 min. a day, with normal looking stools and urates). He was checked out by the local herp vet when I got him, who gave him a clear bill of health at the time.

Can someone look at the attached pictures and let me know? Sorry they're not the clearest. He is an active little guy, and likes to move a bunch. Three pics show the areas in question, one just plain, one with them circled in yellow, and then in case it's clearer with flash, another one with them circled in red.

Thank you!
Monica

IMG_20181021_171009809.jpg IMG_20181021_171016017.jpg IMG_20181021_170938975.jpg

Mons

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
And here's additional info I see normally asked for in other threads:

Diet:

Food is a variety of the following, some less than others, some more: dandelion greens, escarole, frisee, endives, celery, cilantro, basil, spring mix, cactus pads, carrot greens, ZooMed Russian Tortoise Diet, Mazuri diet, timothy hay, alfalfa hay, mustard greens, collard greens.
Supplements alternate as well: Reptical Calcium Plus vit. D one day, and Repashy multi-vitamin powder and Repashy calcium powder, sprinkled very lightly, was doing every day, now doing every other day.

Habitat:

Melamine cage with sliding glass doors in the front.
UVB long bulb across the top of the cage.
Thermostat-controlled temperature, set to 96º Fahrenheit. Cool spot gets to 80s, warm spot in high 90s, cooler in evening.
Ceramic heat emitter for his basking spot.
Log on his warm side, and a hide on his cool side.
Water in a dish in his cage all the time, changed daily.
Substrate is pine shavings.