Question about pooping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmomma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Patterson, CA
My little sulcatta hasn't pooped as far as I can tell, since I brought him home Saturday. He has been active when sunning and soaking. He has eaten a little bit, he is drinking. Since I am new to having a tortoise I do not know what is normal.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
It may take a few days. Keep up on daily soakings for 10-15 min.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Since you just got him on Saturday, he may just be adjusting to his new environment. Sometime's it doesn't bother them, but most of the time they take a few days or longer to adjust. Just watch him and keep doing the soaks and give him sun and he will get adjusted..

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
How little is your little sulcata?
Hatchling poop is super tiny. I really have to look hard to see any on coco coir. And they have a tendency to eat it too.
If not a hatchling, it does take a while. Keep soaking. Usually there's not a poop problem that soaking and some stress-free alone time can't cure.

drift2sea

5 Year Member
Some where in time
Mine isnt as little as yours is but she was backed up pretty bad.The pumpkin worked for my redfoot when soakings wouldnt.The problem with the pumpkin was getting the poop solid again.She started eating some edible fescue we have here and now shes regular.Just make sure the pumpkin is [canned] and not pie filling{sorry Laura im not trying to steal your thunder}.i had to go all the way back to the commisary to get some when i reread the thread to double check.

dragonmomma

5 Year Member
Patterson, CA
Thanks for the replies. I will keep up the soaking.

He is about 2.5" in length, half dollar, maybe a little bigger around.

October said:
How little is your little sulcata?
Hatchling poop is super tiny. I really have to look hard to see any on coco coir. And they have a tendency to eat it too.
If not a hatchling, it does take a while. Keep soaking. Usually there's not a poop problem that soaking and some stress-free alone time can't cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.