Question about shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

reneereichert

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento Area

Question: his shell was worn down by the previous owners cement walls, can this part of the shell repair itself or will it stay this way?

I picked this guy up last week. They had him on an acre, with about 1/2 of it with low cement walls. There was an area between the wall and a hill about 75 feet long that was 2 feet wide, about the same width as him. While I was there, he walked back and forth back and forth, scraping the whole time. What they should have done is widened the area or blocked it off. What do you think? it is on both sides.

Bare with me, I am just learning how to post pictures with out attachment.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
That rubbed down is on old growth so it will stay that way, but over time it may be less noticeable..

reneereichert

5 Year Member
Sacramento Area
Thanks..it doesn't seem to effect him. I was just wondering..just got him a week ago, so I wanted to ask :)

reneereichert

5 Year Member
Sacramento Area
Torty Mom said:
He is a biggie, how much does he weigh?

He is well over 100 pounds, and as sweet as can be. The previous owners had him for 10 years and think he's about 20. We need to get him to the vet for a weighing, that won't be an easy chore

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
reneereichert said:
Torty Mom said:
He is a biggie, how much does he weigh?

He is well over 100 pounds, and as sweet as can be. The previous owners had him for 10 years and think he's about 20. We need to get him to the vet for a weighing, that won't be an easy chore
Awww that is great that he is sweet. My CDT is a sweetie too!! I can't imagine over 100 pounds!! Must be fun!!!

reneereichert

5 Year Member
Sacramento Area
Torty Mom said:
Awww that is great that he is sweet. My CDT is a sweetie too!! I can't imagine over 100 pounds!! Must be fun!!!

It is fun! They are actually pretty easy to care for with proper fencing and housing...I was just given a 30 year old CDT by a family member who was getting to old to care for him, he's a sweetie too, and so mellow. How old is yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.