Question on Lighting for my leopards

Eddie89

5 Year Member
Hey all,

I have a quick question about the lighting in my indoor Leo enclosure. I just purchased the exo terra SOLAR GLO PT2193 - 160W, and I was curious as to how high I should have this bulb hanging above the enclosure? I have it about 14 inches or so now, but I'm thinking it should be higher because it's a 160w.

Just curious as to whether or not it should be placed higher in my enclosure because my youngest hatchling Leo seems to be squinting a bit from what I can tell.

Thanks all

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Follow the directions that came with the light, and don't hang it any closer to the top of the tortoise's carapace than the instructions tell you. You may need to raise it to get the correct temperature. You have to measure the temperature with either a gun or a thermometer.

Eddie89

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
Follow the directions that came with the light, and don't hang it any closer to the top of the tortoise's carapace than the instructions tell you. You may need to raise it to get the correct temperature. You have to measure the temperature with either a gun or a thermometer.

Thanks Yvonne. I went in my trash and found the box so will try to follow that. Lesson learned, read things before you throw them away :D