QUICK! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
I just got Squirt out to sort her enclosure out, as I won't have time this weekend, and to give her a soak and I noticed one eye wouldn't open!
Eventually after a while it opened but I noticed there appears to be a tiny bit of something stuck to the corner? (Almost like sleep in a human but i don't know what it is)
I've just put her in a soak anyway but should I be doing anything to wipe the eye? If so what with?

Also should I be checking anything else just to be sure it is just a little something agitating the eye and not something more serious?

Panic over.
I just checked her eye and whatever it was has washed of in the soak.
She now has both eyes wide and alert and seems fine :)

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I'd just check it doesn't look puffy. Emrys sometimes takes a while to open one eye (usually his right one) when he first wakes up. His eyes are fine - he's just a bit lazy. :p

I'd say if you can't see anything obvious now, just keep an eye on it, but most likely it's normal.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Thanks Cheryl :) I edited the first post. :D

As if making me panic about her eye wasn't bad enough. She did a big poop in her soak so I let her out on to my WHITE rug so I could change the water and she walked a few paces than did the biggest poop ever!!! My mum is going to love her for that one! She could have at least walked to the wood floor first!!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
stephiiberrybean said:
Thanks Cheryl :) I edited the first post. :D

As if making me panic about her eye wasn't bad enough. She did a big poop in her soak so I let her out on to my WHITE rug so I could change the water and she walked a few paces than did the biggest poop ever!!! My mum is going to love her for that one! She could have at least walked to the wood floor first!!

Ah yes, they always have more stored for that perfect moment...

Even worse when you're stroking their head on your lap, and they look like they're loving it, and then your leg suddenly starts to feel a bit wet...

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Squirt does that one a lot to other people!!! I'm always like "she'll be fine, and she's just been soaked so theres no poop in there" next thing i know she's pee'd everywhere!!!

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hopefully all is well, but if you think there is something in the eye, you can use a saline solution (like for contact lenses) to flush the eye. Could just be a little dust or something bothering Squirts eye.

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm sorry to hear that aquirt is having an eye issue. Wish I could offer some advice.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
It's ok. All sorted :D

Thank you everyone.
She was just being lazy, I think... but I was being a over-protective panicking mother and manned all battle stations for it to be something drastic!! oops!

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
stephiiberrybean said:
but I was being a over-protective panicking mother and manned all battle stations for it to be something drastic!! oops!

Hey Steph, I totally understand about being overprotective. I am that way with Bella, Peanut and Wilbur :D I am glad that Squirt is okay.

rasputin

5 Year Member
East Midlands UK
Oh steph this sometimes happens with the boys.
Vet offered same advice as above, as long as the eyes don't seem puffy, their clear and alert, squirt should be ok.

Leah

Status
Not open for further replies.