Quick question...yvonne..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well the young lady is now pushing dirt back with her front legs... Does that mean she is done laying??

I really want to bring her in as it's already 38*f here..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Yes. She's finished. You may bring her in, sir.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Thanks Yvonne .... She was done when I pulled the house off..I thought it was all a waste of time since the dirt looked so packed... When I took a shovel to it...I counted 13 eggs and that was all I could see without pulling them out....She was cold brought her in... She seems exhausted... But she wont eat..she walked away from the food...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think she is more in need of warmth and rest right now. 13 eggs is a lot of work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Rather than take a chance on them starting to develop in the egg, you might consider taking the shovel to the nest and chop the eggs up.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Rather than take a chance on them starting to develop in the egg, you might consider taking the shovel to the nest and chop the eggs up.

Oh man... I need to think on that...

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
or let nature take its course... put the house back over it, cover the spot with mulch... and see if eggs left naturally will hatch.. if its cold.. will they not start to develope or take longer? or will they just not start at all?

If you dont want babies... we have plenty of them.... my 2c.. then destroy the eggs.. or find a large egg eating lizard to give them too! but do it now,, before they start to develop..

Status
Not open for further replies.