R.T.

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
This is R.T my eastern box turtle. His name is short for raccoon turtle. Years ago I found him in a ditch half eaten by a raccoon. He was face down in the water and filled with holes and maggots, believe it or not. I thought he was forsure dead until I saw movement. I guess the raccoon gave up on the difficult meal do to the hinged plastron. I took him home, gave him soaks in warm water to remove the maggots and put him under heat. He was a fighter and made a beautiful recovery. He ate in two days. Turtles are incredibly resilient and can survive about anything. There's so much we can learn from them. The picture to the right is him now, can't wait until he emerges from brumation.

Screenshot_20210307-100715_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210307-102231_Gallery.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
90% of the requests lately have been wanting help for some sickness or accident or whatever. It's refreshing to read a success story every so often. Thanks for sharing R.T.s story with us. (and, he's mighty purdy!!)

ZenHerper

New Jersey
My childhood EBT was found upside-down, missing an eye and a back foot. No food item ever eluded or escaped him lol

Given the proper environment in which to rehab, they do amazingly well!

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
90% of the requests lately have been wanting help for some sickness or accident or whatever. It's refreshing to read a success story every so often. Thanks for sharing R.T.s story with us. (and, he's mighty purdy!!)
No problem. :)