Real... or Fake...

Lexiii

Location (City and/or State)
CT
I happened to me just the one time. We would have sleepovers there and hear footsteps. My aunts used to store bottles of soda on a shelf, all lined up neatly, and one night they were all knocked off. Not just fallen off the shelf, they were halfway across the room and the shelf was still solid. My oldest sister lived there before me and was woken up to a bright light in her room.

When I lived there I slept with the tv and lights on, and a pillow over my head no matter how hot I was, lol.

Really not alot of history with the house itself. My grandparents built it in the 1940's maybe. My grandmother and an uncle passed there but I don't see either of them trying to terrorize kids. I think the land itself was an old farm though.

My aunts both passed away shortly after I had my experience and the house was sold. None of us kids wanted to buy it, lol.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
Wow that's a crazy story. Thank you for sharing! Maybe it had something to do with the farm, as people say ghosts stay around attached to a specific item, or if it was murder and they can't move on until the attacker is caught, however it sounds like it could be somthing to do with the farm since the farm was probably there before 1940s since that's when the house was build, I'd be very interested on the history on the farm if it can be found. I don't blame you for not wanting to buy it that's very scary lol.
I'm sorry for your losses :(

When I was younger about 5 years old I was taking a nap, and I saw a young kid ghost in an armoire closet, it was an old antique my mom bought and I freaked out. Since then I thought of it as a dream. My brother was a baby infant at the time. So since then I forgot about it. However when he became 5 he took a nap in the same room and came to my mom with the same exact story I had when I was 5... he was way to young to know what happened, and when he came to my mom with the same description I had it was pretty crazy

Lexiii

CT
That's crazy! Sad if a little boy is attached to an armoire.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I saw a ghost in broad daylight around 25 years ago. I was sober. I saw a guy walk from my bedroom into another bedroom. The only other person in the house was my sister, in the kitchen.

My aunt's house was scary as heck. I lived there for a few years.
I like that you pointed out that you were sober...lol :)

TMartin510

Fremont, California
That's crazy! Sad if a little boy is attached to an armoire.
Right, the kid had a party hat so maybe a party went wrong :/ but he never seemed like hostile. I remember one night some years ago I heard a knocking from a wall in a bathroom and of course I knock back and then I hear it again idk could be an hold house creaks and cranks but still pretty creepy. And also they say kids 5 or younger see ghosts quite often

TMartin510

Fremont, California
Megalodon was a real animal, a now extinct species of huge shark.
The teeth can be found here in Morocco, for a start.
It became extinct at the end of the Pliocene, about 2.6 million years ago.
Rumours of it's continued existence are, in my opinion, exaggerated to say the least.
I found a shop here in Hawaii, and they had Megladon teeth on a necklace, it was cool lookin, probably fake I'm not sure, but they wanted like 250$ for It and it wasn't that big lol.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I found a shop here in Hawaii, and they had Megladon teeth on a necklace, it was cool lookin, probably fake I'm not sure, but they wanted like 250$ for It and it wasn't that big lol.
Lots of fakes about, here and in the States.
Often the tooth itself may be real, but the root is fake.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Megalodon was a real animal, a now extinct species of huge shark.
The teeth can be found here in Morocco, for a start.
It became extinct at the end of the Pliocene, about 2.6 million years ago.
Rumours of it's continued existence are, in my opinion, exaggerated to say the least.
I came across a documentary about that the other day.
My sister pulled out the 'mockumentry' card (I laughed only a teensy little bit) :p

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
So ima start a little off topic chat. Me and my brother just have been lookin up legends and mythical creatures ones that have "sightings" or even Ghost hunt/Adventures.

So feel free to post your opinions and the best evidence you can find if you feel like searching. And whether you think they are real or fake.

Mermaids(apparently recently found)
Big-foot
Loch-ness Monster
Megladon Shark
Ghost sightings
Aliens (Area 51)
Giant squid ( recently found - Maybe considered a Kraken?)
And anything else you can think of, or feel like there could be a chance to exsist.
! Enjoy your day all!
Why can't anything be real? Fairies, dragons... maybe they DID exist, but have moved to another reality, or plane.
Plus, you know, Harry Potter. We know what happens to all those magical creatures.

I think aliens must exist. Unless Earth is the only speck of life in the universe, and in that case it's just sad.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I am virtually certain that aliens exist on billions of worlds in this universe.
I personally don't believe they've ever visited us.
The distances are too vast and we're in a pretty isolated place in galactic or universal terms.

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
So ima start a little off topic chat. Me and my brother just have been lookin up legends and mythical creatures ones that have "sightings" or even Ghost hunt/Adventures.

So feel free to post your opinions and the best evidence you can find if you feel like searching. And whether you think they are real or fake.

Mermaids(apparently recently found)
Big-foot
Loch-ness Monster
Megladon Shark
Ghost sightings
Aliens (Area 51)
Giant squid ( recently found - Maybe considered a Kraken?)
And anything else you can think of, or feel like there could be a chance to exsist.
! Enjoy your day all!

My beliefs (which I cannot prove and don't want to argue) are:
Mermaid: fake
Bigfoot: fake
Lochness: fake
Megladon: real but extinct
Ghosts: real
Aliens: fake
Squid: real and still alive

TMartin510

Fremont, California
I am virtually certain that aliens exist on billions of worlds in this universe.
I personally don't believe they've ever visited us.
The distances are too vast and we're in a pretty isolated place in galactic or universal terms.

I agree, the universe is so big that there has to be more life then just earth.. just way way out of reach. Maybe one day technology will be so advanced that it will be possible, but who knows.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ghost real aliens real all others fake besides the extinct megladon.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I think the Mermaids did exist.

Have you watched the real mermaid documentary?

They found several bones that did not fit to any other animal.
And think about it, on the cave wall drawings, many, if not all have mermaids in. Were they all just imagining themselves with tails? Quite some coincidence if they were.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My family has generations worth of ghost stories. Maybe for another time?
I myself am very on the fence about ghosts being real.
And yes. I've had a few unusual encounters too. Not saying it was ghosts. That would be a stretch.

Last edited: