Really worried about bulb safety please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
I have just been reading about the T REX recall, I got a ACTIVE UV HEAT on the 7th of January this year my Tortoise loves it and seems ok but i am struggling to check if it is a safe one i took it out and looked for the number to check it and the only thing i can find near the logo is B C 100w/220/230v is the the number i need the C is below the B.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
after a bit of reading i think i have a old style bulb it as clear glass with a reflector affect on it, i have read they changed to a milky white glass some years back so hopefully mine is a safe one

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tracy, did you call the company? I am sure they will be able to tell you if the bulb is ok.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Isa said:
Tracy, did you call the company? I am sure they will be able to tell you if the bulb is ok.

No i have not phoned them i have not got a contact number, I have sent off the warranty to the UK address but that did not have a number on it. The box as Made in Canada 2001 on it but would the bulb be that old? Shelby is not showing any signs of Eye problems and seems to be loving it so its properly one that was made before the problems started.

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
BC is the lot number, the clear bulbs are where they ran into a problem. The old style looks like a security flood light.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
coastal said:
BC is the lot number, the clear bulbs are where they ran into a problem. The old style looks like a security flood light.

this bulb as clear glass but it as a bubble like affect on it like a reflector

Ok i have just looked up these Letters and have found out its Bulbs with Batch numbers JI, KI, LI that seem to be effected and that not all bulbs in these batches are effected, It says to keep a eye out for signs of photo-kerato-conjunctivitis. Shelbys eyes are ok so far I will watch for any signs and if it looks like its a bad bulb i will contact T REX.

Here is a link to the site with all the info on

http://www.uvguide.co.uk/westronrecallspring2010.htm

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
I don't know what lots were recalled in the UK, if you can contact the manufacture with the lot number they should know more. The ones in the US were J, K, L. If you have any of these you should not use it and get another bulb.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
coastal said:
I don't know what lots were recalled in the UK, if you can contact the manufacture with the lot number they should know more. The ones in the US were J, K, L. If you have any of these you should not use it and get another bulb.

Ok thanks i will E mail them and double check

Status
Not open for further replies.