Reason for Tort Food Issues *answer Inside*

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
My Greek tortoise had seemed to eat less & I thought he "grazed" on his food, he is recovering from a URI and I thought it was "natural" for this to happen. I had just changed the enclosure because we probably worked on pet store advice.... I had just changed his diet for the better and I knew he would like it! The. To my surprise he started eating less... So when I put some Bok Choy for him he just smelt it and left, so I took a romaine leaf of lettuce, shredded the bok choy and French lettuce and put it on the romaine leaf... He started eating like crazy and I felt relived (he wasn't pooing in a while, maybe from lack of food?) he didn't poop till now but I'm sure he will in a while :) thanks for your previous help!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Kind if gross, but I do find my tort poops while he's eating... (I think) to make room for the new food o_O and also to get rid of extra proteins/calcium eaten in the last meal before consuming new ones. Try not to give too much romaine though, very addictive :D and not very nutritious, even if it's all he wants to eat!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Kind if gross, but I do find my tort poops while he's eating... (I think) to make room for the new food o_O and also to get rid of extra proteins/calcium eaten in the last meal before consuming new ones. Try not to give too much romaine though, very addictive :D and not very nutritious, even if it's all he wants to eat!
I usually wrap whatever good he should eat around it and then he tries it, romaine lettuce is the only "treat" for him, lol!