Recipes?

tortgirl123

I've heard of the Tortoise Lasagna, which I will definitely have to try! But I was just wondering is there any others? I've tried to search the web but the results were human tortoise recipes, and obviously I don't want to try that [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] so, anyone tried anything cool that there torts absolutely LOVED!? Or any ideas? Thanks for reading!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Not sure if it applies but, I cut radicchio and endive into little bits for added color and sometimes I do a dessert with cactus fruit mushed up with finely chopped wheat grass and their normal spring mix cut into small pieces.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Check out thetortoisetable.org.uk for edible items. Then, take an mix up a recipe using some of those ingredients along with items like Mazuri, cactus pads, pumpkin, hays, grasses, hay pellets, etc.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Do a search here for tortoise meatballs. The thread was made by DeanS. It's simple to do and great to add as part of a varied diet. I think someone else made a tortoise burrito, too.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Were you able to find them? The burrito one I was referring to was made by sulcata101, I believe. Sorry I was unable to give you the links. My crappie phone kept restarting every time I tried to use clipboard. I thought both recipes were neat and you can always add stuff into the mix. Happy cheffing :D

tortgirl123

Yep I found both. This search bar on the mobile app sucks so I used google but it worked great! Thanks for the advice!