Red Dot on Plastron?

Eduardo Hernandez

Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, California
Hey guys, when I was soaking my Russian today and looking over his shell, I noticed a reddish dot on his plastron. The odd thing to me is that it seems like a perfect small dot, about 1-2 mm wide. He is very active, basks, and is eating just like he normally would. Some of his skin is shedding as well, and it seems similar color-wise to the coco coir in his enclosure, so could it just be that staining him? The only thing we notice that is a bit different is that he sleeps at around 8pm and doesn't wake up until about 9 in the morning, and he is sleeping while burrowed in his hut every night since we changed his enclosure. He used to sleep under his light, burrowing in the substrate since he didn't fit under the log.

Kasia

Poland
Hey guys, when I was soaking my Russian today and looking over his shell, I noticed a reddish dot on his plastron. The odd thing to me is that it seems like a perfect small dot, about 1-2 mm wide. He is very active, basks, and is eating just like he normally would. Some of his skin is shedding as well, and it seems similar color-wise to the coco coir in his enclosure, so could it just be that staining him? The only thing we notice that is a bit different is that he sleeps at around 8pm and doesn't wake up until about 9 in the morning, and he is sleeping while burrowed in his hut every night since we changed his enclosure. He used to sleep under his light, burrowing in the substrate since he didn't fit under the log.
Hello:) a pic would be very helpful:)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I agree that we need to see a photo of the problem.

Photos of the enclosure and lighting and details of diet and temperatures would also be helpful

Eduardo Hernandez

Orange County, California
Yes, I'll get the pics today when he wakes up, I don't wanna bother him when he sleeps since I'm guessing he's still getting used to his new place.

I feed him endive, escarole, radicchio, cactus pads, watercress, dandelion greens, and spring mix with the spinach mostly taken out. I sprinkle his food with calcium 2 times a week.

Under his lights it's about 100 degrees, the warm side is 90 degrees, and the cool side about 80. Overnight low varies, but it hasn't gotten under 70 since we've gotten him. I have a PowerSun 100w bulb for him about 12 inches from the top of his shell.