Red Eared Slider

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I also saw that on youtube, and I posted a comment, "It's too bad a fresh water turtle had to suffer having shells glued to his back for the sake of a video."

There are half clam shells and other items found on the beach along with the barnicles. All of the people commenting believed the video.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I also saw that on youtube, and I posted a comment, "It's too bad a fresh water turtle had to suffer having shells glued to his back for the sake of a video."

There are half clam shells and other items found on the beach along with the barnicles. All of the people commenting believed the video.
Is it really glued on? I'm only watching on my phone so not a big picture. Why would someone want to go thru all that work just to then have yo scrape them all off. Ridiculous.
Another member posted a video of a guy scraping off barnacles from a different kind of turtle and said the guy has a bunch of videos of him cleaning off barnacles from turtles.
Could they actually be adjusting to salt water and surviving or do you think they are all fake?
I just dont see the point.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Even sadder that it was put back in the sea after all that.☹️

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Is it really glued on? I'm only watching on my phone so not a big picture. Why would someone want to go thru all that work just to then have yo scrape them all off. Ridiculous.
Another member posted a video of a guy scraping off barnacles from a different kind of turtle and said the guy has a bunch of videos of him cleaning off barnacles from turtles.
Could they actually be adjusting to salt water and surviving or do you think they are all fake?
I just dont see the point.
People will do anything to get a few views. It takes a few months for barnacles to even grow; three I believe on a turtles back. I doubt a slider can handle such salinity for that long.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
People will do anything to get a few views. It takes a few months for barnacles to even grow; three I believe on a turtles back. I doubt a slider can handle such salinity for that long.
I know some humans are desperate for attention and fame from strangers, why I don't really understand. Personally I'm not fond of the human race, worst species ever! But this, purposely gluing them on, is just sick and ridiculous! Besides being abuse.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I know some humans are desperate for attention and fame from strangers, why I don't really understand. Personally I'm not fond of the human race, worst species ever! But this, purposely gluing them on, is just sick and ridiculous! Besides being abuse.
It's usually people in foreign, poverished countries. Like those videos of "Two men build massive water slide with bare hands" or "catching hundreds of fish in traps" or "Rescuing puppies from retic" those videos are fake and get tons of views, but also money.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's usually people in foreign, poverished countries. Like those videos of "Two men build massive water slide with bare hands" or "catching hundreds of fish in traps" or "Rescuing puppies from retic" those videos are fake and get tons of views, but also money.
That's funny, all the examples you mentioned I have seen and I don't do YouTube lol. I usually see them on FB and yes, 99% of that stuff is fake.

Kathy Ruder

Dover
I knew it!! I knew that was NOT a sea turtle!! I did a search to find out if the RES can live in brackish water....and here I am. I own an Eastern painted turtle (male) named Kade (my son gave him the name, not me). I had red ears as pets as a child and as soon as I saw that vid (based also on what I know about sea turtles), knew this was NOT one. Poor thing, going through all that for clicks. Came up on my You Tube feed, I suppose, as I've watched such channels as Clint's Reptiles (great channel, btw) and others. Grrrr....nothing like finding out I supported a hoax!