Red foot help

Big Ol Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
pflugerville Tx
Hello everybody, I'm going to be getting a red foot soon (possibly cherry head) Id appreciate if somebody could please tell me how to give him the best care, (anything or everything is super appreciated) and good foods to plant. I live in central Texas and I have a 3 toed box turtle that I've had for 15 years so this isn't my first ever reptile. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476941768.372221.jpg

Thank you for your time, Mike

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Hello everybody, I'm going to be getting a red foot soon (possibly cherry head) Id appreciate if somebody could please tell me how to give him the best care, (anything or everything is super appreciated) and good foods to plant. I live in central Texas and I have a 3 toed box turtle that I've had for 15 years so this isn't my first ever reptile. View attachment 189909

Thank you for your time, Mike
Google is a good tool to star. There are a lot of care sheets on reds. Also looking through the red foot section and seach on the forum. Any specific questions we would. Be glad to answer. Red foots Like it humid so Texas can be difficult but doable. Just sprjnklers, shade will help

Kyle

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
Google is a good tool to star. There are a lot of care sheets on reds. Also looking through the red foot section and seach on the forum. Any specific questions we would. Be glad to answer. Red foots Like it humid so Texas can be difficult but doable. Just sprjnklers, shade will help

Kyle

Google helped me in the beginning but then I couldn't really find any answers to my specific questions. forgot to mention that I've done a lot research sorry about that

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've joined the red foot thread. But should I get a RF that's a hatchling or a bit older
I.M.O. an adult or a larger sub adult is a much sturdier tortoise than a baby. Adults are less sensitive to things that are not ideal, such as humidity, etc. And they seem to be stronger against illness.
The downside is that for an adult Redfoot you will need at a basic minimum an 8' square enclosure.
And that is even pretty small.
Mine is roughly 12' x 33'

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
I.M.O. an adult or a larger sub adult is a much sturdier tortoise than a baby. Adults are less sensitive to things that are not ideal, such as humidity, etc. And they seem to be stronger against illness.
The downside is that for an adult Redfoot you will need at a basic minimum an 8' square enclosure.
And that is even pretty small.
Mine is roughly 12' x 33'
the RF is going too live in my backyard. I need to turtle proof it first though lol

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
the RF is going too live in my backyard. I need to turtle proof it first though lol
I've got a shaky little video on YOUTUBE titled: "Redfoot habitat Florida style".
It shows a lot of inexpensive and time saving ideas that might translate to a Texas Redfoot environment also.
It might be helpful.

THEELEG

Houston, TX
I've got a shaky little video on YOUTUBE titled: "Redfoot habitat Florida style".
It shows a lot of inexpensive and time saving ideas that might translate to a Texas Redfoot environment also.
It might be helpful.
That place is awesome