Red foot Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

linaizzie

5 Year Member
[/b]My husband and I have completed the tort table (wood and plexi) and while it is not perfect since we're amateurs, we're pretty proud of it. The basking temp is 93-94 under the heat lamp with the fog on (which I'm not sure about - it does keep the humidity up around 60-70 in there though). The ambient temp is about 80-85 depending on how far away from heat source. I have a UVB florescent that is going on top of the screen. Currently, the temp in the hide is about 75, which I think is too low. I have not moved the torts in there yet since I don't want to experiment with them in there - they've finally gotten acclimated to the tank they're in so I want to make sure the set up is working before shocking or stressing them out.

It seems that we need to have some heat source over the wooden hide to keep the temp up - our current plan is to cut a small circular hole into the top and install a CHE into the liftable ceiling (on a rheostat if needed).

Does anyone have any other/better suggestions. I was told to not let the temp drop for the babies below 80 and don't want them getting sick with 75.

Attachments

• tort table.jpg
    tort table.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 129
  • tort table 2.jpg
    tort table 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • tort table 3.jpg
    tort table 3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 133

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I like it :D The only thing that could be a potential issue, in my opinion, is the light intensity. The bright side might be too bright but I'm no expert. Good job to the both of you!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Keeping the heat up to 80 is a good idea . I use a che on a thermostat to keep the temps. They do not like bright lights. So I use a t5 lamp and fixture . Your table is awesome!

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

linaizzie

5 Year Member
Maybe I can get one of the nighttime bulbs if I notice that they are not coming out. That can fix the light sensitivity issue.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
If you're using the fluorescent tubes for uvb, you can add a low watt, regular incandescent bulb(s) and a che for heat. That's the lighting combination I use along with plain ol' sunlight from the window. The incandescents are the first to come on and last to turn off to somewhat act like sunrise and sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.