Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's a wrong assumption that I haven't done my research. I've asked you a simple question - do you know any benefits of using moss which can't be achieved easily the other way. It seems you don't know the answer.
The answer is in almost every other post. Orchid bark holds moisture and releases humidity and we've used it in our community for decades.
Moss is OK for Dart frogs. Not for tortoises. We get half a dozen stories a month of a tortoise that ate Moss and will either die or need a veterinarians intervention. Luckily in almost every case, the poster will take the information and immediately change out the substrate.
Very few don't.
It's discouraging.
But you can only try so hard. Then just move on to another member that needs a hand.

LAINHART

FL
I won't way in again. Because it seems to 100% not matter. But now I've seen two real and serious issues:
Moss being the first one. It will get eaten and it will then be too late to remove it. And the pebbles. It's probably obvious that these are a serious impaction risk also. And they get eaten if the diet is lacking in proper nutrition.
You also will probably not notice them getting eaten. And then it will also be too late to act on the remedy.
You claim that this tortoise is your child. I understand that. But I wouldn't leave my child in a room with dangerous items in it and expect that nothing bad will happen.
We are trying to help your tortoise. Not bow to your ego.
This entire thread is extremely aggravating

The answer is in almost every other post. Orchid bark holds moisture and releases humidity and we've used it in our community for decades.
Moss is OK for Dart frogs. Not for tortoises. We get half a dozen stories a month of a tortoise that ate Moss and will either die or need a veterinarians intervention. Luckily in almost every case, the poster will take the information and immediately change out the substrate.
Very few don't.
It's discouraging.
But you can only try so hard. Then just move on to another member that needs a hand.
Let it go dude we get the point !!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I will way in. The moss not only causes impaction if eaten but can tangle limbs and cut off circulation and it can tangle the insides too.
So do what you want, you have been warned. But if your tort is your baby, why are you risking it's life!!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Wait? Are you saying that owners should not research??? Should not ask reputable breeders and care takers ??? Remember there are those like you and Maggie and there are others who disagree.
Let it go Alex Red Foot. Readers research read up I went thru 4 and chose two of the four together. Do not know how much more I can offer. 😱 Peeps do get put out when we all do not agree with them. Let it go sweetie.
Don't be throwing my name around...I disagree because I have seen dead torts from moss impaction...you evidently are an old person who doesn't have a clue how to take care of your tort...and are too old to know how forums like TFO operate...you talk like Facebook, insulting everyone. SWe don't act like that here...go away...Actually you did write...Redfoot baby, need help pls

LAINHART

FL
I will way in. The moss not only causes impaction if eaten but can tangle limbs and cut off circulation and it can tangle the insides too.
So do what you want, you have been warned. But if your tort is your baby, why are you risking its life!!!
OMG!!! 😆 WE. GET. THE. POINT. I’ll tell everyone MY FRIEND A beeeder OF 20 years I will let my vet know and the tortoise rescues I have contacted with the questions also. I WILL PASS THE INFO ALONG…. I’m begging you I think we all get the point that you experts are giving. 🤣🤣🤣😘

LAINHART

FL
OMG!!! 😆 WE. GET. THE. POINT. I’ll tell everyone MY FRIEND A beeeder OF 20 years I will let my vet know and the tortoise rescues I have contacted with the questions also. I WILL PASS THE INFO ALONG…. I’m begging you I think we all get the point that you experts are giving. 🤣🤣🤣😘
ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WANT TO BASH ME? shame me and accuse me of risking the life of my little creature? Guess I am a horrible monsterous murderer. I have at least 10 knowledgeable people I must contact and tell them they are murdering their kids. Not sure how the two buddy’s that having been breeding them will take it 🤔maybe give him back to my buddy and let him know I’m unfit. 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.