Red spots on shell

MarcJacob

Location (City and/or State)
Tallinn
image.jpg
now she has weird red spots on her shell, no bad smell, legs are stiff and right eye pretty sunken, left one suprisingly not anymore.

MarcJacob

Tallinn
View attachment 376422
now she has weird red spots on her shell, no bad smell, legs are stiff and right eye pretty sunken, left one suprisingly not anymore.
image.jpg
help anybody please? I do not want to lose her. She has a good 40 years to go if lucky and I want to spend all 40 with her. What should I do. I hope she is in the coma state and will come back. I cant lose her. Come back and anybodyy please help what should i do. I she gone?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is no way for us to know. Check for death by lightly tapping the corner of the eye to see if you get a blink response.

MarcJacob

Tallinn
There is no way for us to know. Check for death by lightly tapping the corner of the eye to see if you get a blink response.
No respone, but ive heard tortoises come back from a coma like state. I hope she comws back. Before this tragedy started she hadnt eating very well. She was quite active when we let her free roam around the house. Its around 20-25 celsius in our home and outside 25-30 celsius.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
No respone, but ive heard tortoises come back from a coma like state. I hope she comws back. Before this tragedy started she hadnt eating very well. She was quite active when we let her free roam around the house. Its around 20-25 celsius in our home and outside 25-30 celsius.
They should never be free roaming in a house. That almost always harms them in one or more ways. Its not safe and cannot be made safe. Many people argue when we tell them this. Some people get upset and leave the forum. But we see a steady stream of cases like yours here, and we try to warn people before it is too late. We were too late to help you, it would appear. Sorry for your loss.

MarcJacob

Tallinn
They should never be free roaming in a house. That almost always harms them in one or more ways. Its not safe and cannot be made safe. Many people argue when we tell them this. Some people get upset and leave the forum. But we see a steady stream of cases like yours here, and we try to warn people before it is too late. We were too late to help you, it would appear. Sorry for your loss.
She has been roaming around the house for almost 7 years now or more and most of the time me and my dad has been keeping and eye out on her. She usually finds a spot in the house to stay for a couple of days and comes back. Then we feed her. Its been quite hot outside and we have been letting her in the backyard.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
She has been roaming around the house for almost 7 years now or more and most of the time me and my dad has been keeping and eye out on her. She usually finds a spot in the house to stay for a couple of days and comes back. Then we feed her. Its been quite hot outside and we have been letting her in the backyard.
If you had come here 7 years ago, I would have told you not to let the tortoise roam the house and this sad day might have been prevented. As I said, free roaming the house is not safe or suitable in any way, it cannot be made safe or suitable, and it almost always kills them, injures them, loses them, or makes them sick. We see it here regularly. Tortoises need to be kept in large suitable enclosures, both indoors and out. Free roaming kills them.