Red Toroise Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
For those of you who have tried feeding RED Toroise Sticks to your tortoises,what feedbacks can you give?Did you get any good results?If yes,what were they?
Thanks.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Sorry to say none of my five leo's like them I put them in with the Mazrui they seem to eat all the Mazuri and leave the Red stick:(

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
My Sulcata Cooper loves the red sticks! He goes after it first, then his mazuri, then takes a break most the time, and comes back for the greens. So far he seems happy and healthy on this diet. No problems here! Cheers!

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
mine seemed to like it at first and i think they kinda got tired of it cuz i havent seen em eat it for awhile,i dont think mine have ate it long enuff to see any substantial changes my stars have always been healthy so i cant say that it made em healthier,i am happy with the red sticks tho its jus one more thing to add to the varied diet that i provide for them,here lately they seem to make meals out of a little bit of everything. Since i gave them there pool they jus seem to snack on a little bit of everything they pass weeds,cactus,red stick,mazuri, i even saw one eatn dried dead grass,i dont kno why there was fresh grass all around.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
My Hermann's doesn't care for them at all.

My Gpps nibble a bit but prefer Mazuri, greens, and pretty much anything else.

My Mee has no apparent preference between the red sticks and Mazuri. Whatever is closer gets eaten first.

I don't waste it on my larger animals since they have the yard to feed upon during the warmer months. We'll see what happens when I bring them inside for the winter.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
My Hermann's torts are absolutely crazy about the soaked Red Sticks, whether just by itself, mixed 50/50 w/ dried weeds, mixed 50/50 w/ chopped opuntia cactus or mixed 50/50 w/ chopped spring mix.

It's the only way I can get Prtolemy to eat cactus at all...straight cactus he refuses, although the gurlz relish it.

I used to feed Mazuri, too, but they never ate it as enthusiastically, and now will only eat it when mixed w/ the Red sticks, so I'm using what little I have left, and then probably won't buy any more Mazuri.

Also, I weighed my torts this evening, and over the last 6 weeks, at least partially because they get the Red Sticks 2-3X a week, Ptolemy went from 459 g to 525 g., Jennifer went from 495 g, to 541 g., Ophelia went from 575 g. to 613 g. and Apollonia went from 327g. to 386 g.

Ptolemy and Apollonia felt a bit light when I first aquired them, and Apollonia was a VERY finicky eater, at first, so, decent weigh gains, I'm thinking.

My daughter's Ornate Box Turtles like it, too, and they get it 1X a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.