Redfoot/Cherryhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubab

5 Year Member
This substrate was just an experiment to be honest. Will get it changed.
Heat wise things have always been the same but only recently has he become sluggish???
Why, if he is dry won't he drink or eat moisture rich foods??? I'm so puzzled by it all.
Will try all your suggestions, thank you all so much + thanks also for the uk link.
Determined to get him well.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
fubab said:
This substrate was just an experiment to be honest. Will get it changed.
Heat wise things have always been the same but only recently has he become sluggish???
Why, if he is dry won't he drink or eat moisture rich foods??? I'm so puzzled by it all.
Will try all your suggestions, thank you all so much + thanks also for the uk link.
Determined to get him well.

Humans do this as well- get dehydrated and refuse water. Odd, but sadly common. This is one of the conditions I would recommend a nice spa treatment (commonly called a warm soak).

fubab

5 Year Member
The pictures I put up on here where after a soak!!! :-/
He had his bowels open a LOT + he usually pics up after that but not this time???

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
If he's well socialized (as he seems to be) and enjoys soaks, I'd consider going to daily soaks for a while, nice and warm, not hot. I'm no pro though.

I think it tends to not be in their nature to drink as often as they should, they come from humid climates where they lose little moisture through skin and lungs, in a dry climate they can dehydrate very easily.

fubab

5 Year Member
I just wrote a great long post about how we've increased temp + humidity, changed substrate.....+ he's a new 'man'.
Here's a pic of him, much improved :) Thankyou all so much.
I would, if poss like some guidance on feeding as I find the many fact sheet I've read somewhat contradictory???
Des17thNov001.jpg

PS. I can't remember who asked or even which thread??.....but my name is Simone. Hi!

Des17thNov003.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Simone:

Thanks! That was me. I like to keep track of everyone's real name. It makes posting to them more personal, I think.

fubab

5 Year Member
It does. I joined another forum back in '04.....we all met at Glastonbury festival in '05 + have done every year since, but the first time was really confusing as we each had two names! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.