Redfoot in Oregon

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So if I build a night box do you allow him access to outside even in winter?
I don't know if RF can handle the cold of winter days like a large sulcata can, I don't think so. That's why you would need bigger than just one box, so he would have enough room to live inside the box/shed all winter. Then in summer it could be used as it's night box. @ZEROPILOT can answer that better than I can. I can't say I have ever seen a RF go outside in the colder winter temps.

ChelseaEHumphrey

Roseburg or
I don't know if RF can handle the cold of winter days like a large sulcata can, I don't think so. That's why you would need bigger than just one box, so he would have enough room to live inside the box/shed all winter. Then in summer it could be used as it's night box. @ZEROPILOT can answer that better than I can. I can't say I have ever seen a RF go outside in the colder winter temps.
Ok thank you.

ChelseaEHumphrey

Roseburg or
It's not vital that he get a different housing just yet...Let's toss some ideas around first...
I did have someone offer me a piece of furniture that I could convert pretty inexpensively but it is still on the small side so I'm not sure if it's worth the time. Not the tank but the cabinet underneath.

Attachments

• 20240215_122419.jpg
    20240215_122419.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 2