Redfoot Owner introduction

Mama4ToothlessLucy

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Wayne, IN
Hi!
My family lives in Indiana and owns a 6 yr old female Redfoot, Toothless Lucy. We have converted chicken coops for both an outdoor for warm months and indoor enclosure for cooler months. Lucy enjoys baths and has proven to be a bit of a dare devil. She is determined to climb to top of hideouts and "jump" off, be it only 5in onto mulch, we have removed hideouts with latest enclosure build and have provided artificial leafy areas to hide/burrow in the corners instead.
We've had her for about 2.5 years, she has grown quite a bit and seems to be healthy, but I have a suspicion she is wild at heart.

Mama4ToothlessLucy

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Wayne, IN
Lucy's enclosure is a wooden barn-like chicken coop I converted. Since we live in the Midwest I have one indoors and outdoors. They both are two levels with a ramp connecting. We use a little drop in mister to keep humidity level up and a forest floor substrate that stays pretty moist around the tray. The misting device relies on there being enough water in her soaking tray to cover it. Since the water is constantly evaporating we have to refill multiple times a day. What other relatively inexpensive ideas could also keep humidity levels up? I don't really want her to lose much floor pace to a regular humidifier. She currently has about 6 square ft "upstairs" which is fully enclosed wood with a glass door and window (seen in photo) and 8 square feet "downstairs" which is always dryer since any generated moisture couldn't be contained within the metal fencing and serves basically as a planter for clover which she likes to munch on.

Attachments

• 20180115_155747.jpg
    20180115_155747.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16