Redfoot Tortoise Rescue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
maggie3fan said:
I need to qualify a statement I made about Julie because as usual I can't say something in fun that doesn't get all blown up out of proportion. I have known Julie for several years and she absolutely disapproves of me giving strawberries to Bob as treats. So it's kind of a joke now between her and I about my treating Bob that way. I tease her and say how mean she is like that. But as usual I get jumped on because Julie is an icon of the tortoise world. Julie rescues tortoises, she is very good at what she does. I do nothing, I am also good at what I do.
It is not good to feed fruit to Sulcata and I know that and I still give them as treats to Bob on occasion. Generally speaking Sulcata cannot process the sugar in strawberries, so it is just not a good idea to feed strawberries to Sulcata and I know that. So if you are a newbie, don't feed strawberries to your tortoises...
I like Julie and certainly have nothing against her but as usual someone had to go running to Julie to tell her I said bad things about her here on the forum. So I am sorry Julie, I was just teasing even tho I knew better...Strawberries are not in season here anyway
It wasn't me...I haven't talked to Julie...LOL
You're kidding ....right? I never know when you're joking. I did know you were joking when you posted about the strawberry before, but I didn't know what you meant, but now I do remember that you posted somewhere about this....and even posted a picture of Bob with his strawberry.

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
60 miles south of Chicago
It wasn't me, Maggie, either.

Only thing I contacted Julie about was seeing if she'd be interested in my idea.
And I probably sounded like an nut.:D

I don't even know this Julie.:D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I'm going to jump on this bandwagon too, but just to say I am glad Maggie clarified so that newbies skimming through here won't pick up the message "feed strawberries to your hatchling Sulcata", but...BUT...another ubiquitous "message" on this forum is that tortoises are unique creatures and personalities, and there is room for individual adjustments to the Conventional Wisdom of species-specific tortoise care. Clear as mud, hunh? :rolleyes:

Most of us here know Bob requires certain exceptions to be kept happy, and that Maggie alone is able to excercise a "Bob-level" of care...:p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Oh, man, I started to post an opinion earlier...I am the WORST person at evaluating jewelry.

I think you should use whatever you like...I saw one of these lovely leather collars a few months ago in a post you did, and they were Cool Beans! So unique and striking. :D

I just wish I could actually use it as a belt for Taco to attach my little jingle bell so I can find her when she's exploring the yard in the summer...so I will be getting a red leather one, even if I do end up using it for something else, such as the art display on Taco's house that was started with the exquisite tortoise print that Meg gifted me. :p

Sorry I don't have a better answer--I am completely confident in your design instincts! :cool:

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
hahahaha, Steph!

Honestly, by the time I saw this reply, I had already designed the collar.
I let the suede lining dry over night, and we just have to cut off the edges of the suede and set the concho, and it's ready to go!
Expect pictures later today.:D
I think it turned out REALLY nice!

And, not to toot my own horn here, but I have to for just a sec: I'm really proud of myself. I often struggle getting decorative spots perfectly straight on collars.
But I did SOOOO good on this collar.
It's very decorated, but very cute. And I put a lot of hard work into it.:D
I'll post a picture of it here (and I am planning on putting Stagger Lee into the collar photoshoot if I can get him to cooperate) in this thread, and I'll probably start a thread for it on its own.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Why that's just crazy. Who would of taken what you said out of context and gone whining to this Julie gal? And as far as strawberries go, if the infamous Bob came up to me and gave me a wink when I was eatin McDonalds fries, I'd hafta say I'd sneak him one.

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
harris said:
Why that's just crazy. Who would of taken what you said out of context and gone whining to this Julie gal? And as far as strawberries go, if the infamous Bob came up to me and gave me a wink when I was eatin McDonalds fries, I'd hafta say I'd sneak him one.

Oh lordy, me too!!!
I have a TRUE weak spot for animal cuteness.
And Stagger Lee has caught onto it too.
Teh stinker!:D

Yep, I have to say, Bob would definitely win me over food-wise with his cute self, too.

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
K, guys.
Julie got back to me today, and it's a-go!:D
I'm waiting on her reply (as I just sent her mine) with her logo, and then I can figure out a pricing for this collar and get it up on my site.

I bring you...The Stagger Lee Collar:
4359375147_5bc6f260c8.jpg

4359375153_ff2a6cfda6.jpg

And Stagger Lee sez, "This collar iz 100% Stagger Lee approooooveded!!"
Even with moss all over his head.
4359375163_56dd2aefc6.jpg

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hahahahaha! I have to say, Stagger seems much bigger in his "collarless" posts. It took me a second to see him there, poised on the edge! :D

What a perfect color match! And what a "Staggeringly Stylish" collar! :p

That is truly a photo to post and to frame for the Stagger Wall of Fame. :cool:

I want one. ;)

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
Thank you!!!!

I have it listed on my website now.:D

I LOVELOVELOVE that picture of Stagger.
My husband was home on his lunch break when I needed to snap photos of the collar.
He was there to make sure Stag didn't get any smart ideas of trying to climb over the collar.
I am AMAZED that he sat there posed like that. I expected him to suck into his shell, especially because it was taken in my light box, and the light was pretty bright.
But he sat there all full of himself.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.