Regards from Mexico City!

Dannysp

Location (City and/or State)
Mexico City
Hello,
I'm the proud owner along with my kids of course, of a 1 year old red foot female named Morty, it's only been a week since her arrival but we are looking forward to a long term relationship. I will post a pic soon but I wanted to say hi in the meantime.

Cheers.

Danny

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Happy you joined us. We have great caresheets under the RF section and a lot of experienced RF owners to help when needed.

N

no one

Hello and Welcome to you and Morty!! My kids love my Tortoises. Morty will be a big part of your family life, I am sure.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome!

I've been to Mexico city several times. Love it there. Best food in the entire world!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome. Never been to Mexico but would love to.

Dannysp

Mexico City
IMG_0453.jpg I don't know if there is another way of posting a picture but until I figure it out, here's Morty! Thank you all for the warm welcome. Hope to get to know each of you and share the experience of owning a tortoise. And if you don't mind, here´s a couple of questions for you all... What would the size of a one year old female red foot would be? I asume Morty has a bit of pyramiding, what do you all think?

Cheers!

Dannysp

Mexico City
View attachment 220591 I don't know if there is another way of posting a picture but until I figure it out, here's Morty! Thank you all for the warm welcome. Hope to get to know each of you and share the experience of owning a tortoise. And if you don't mind, here´s a couple of questions for you all... What would the size of a one year old female red foot would be? I asume Morty has a bit of pyramiding, what do you all think?

Cheers!
IMG_0453.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He is a great size for a one year old, and it looks like there was some pyramiding starting early on, but it seems to have resolved itself. I wouldn't change anything.

He's got great color too!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I don't know about the size of a one year old for this species, but they grow at greatly varying rates, as long as he keeps making steady progress, it's all good.
Those raised sections in the centre of each scute suggest he was kept too dry early on, but the more recent growth lines outside these seem nice and smooth.

Last edited: