Rehoming Leopard Tortoise- Florida

JohnslawnsLLC

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hi how much is this for if available
Hi everyone,

I’m looking to find a home for my leopard tortoise Cleo. I’ve had her for over 8 years, and it’s actually coming up on her birthday. I’m really, really sad to be rehoming her, but I want to do what’s best for her. @Katie11 stepped in and saved the day when I needed a temporary foster over the last year. She took such amazing care of Cleo and I still can not thank her enough. When I got Cleo back I thought I was done moving, and would be in the Florida panhandle for a while, but I probably won’t be and I don’t have somebody I can ask to watch her on weekends if I travel and it’s been really hard. I love Cleo so much, and it breaks my heart to have to do this, but I just want her to have the best life. I’d like to find someone in Florida, preferably even further south Florida so that she can easily be outside year round. I’d also prefer to find someone that has experience with tortoises. However, if there’s a new member that has been looking for some time and has got all their care information from here then that’d be good too. I also don’t want her to go to someone that has a ton of tortoises or just wants to make a profit from her. She’s really “come out of her shell” the past few months and will now come to me when she sees me in the yard and will respond to butt scratches. Makes it even harder to do this. One of my posts from a long time ago was actually asking about if she’ll ever warm up to me and she finally has…. But I’ve always loved her even when she would just play rock. So I’m really hoping to find her a great home where she can be loved and cared for just as much as she has been. She has a heated house I made that’d I’d be will