Rehoming Leopard Tortoise- Florida

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

I’m looking to find a home for my leopard tortoise Cleo. I’ve had her for over 8 years, and it’s actually coming up on her birthday. I’m really, really sad to be rehoming her, but I want to do what’s best for her. @Katie11 stepped in and saved the day when I needed a temporary foster over the last year. She took such amazing care of Cleo and I still can not thank her enough. When I got Cleo back I thought I was done moving, and would be in the Florida panhandle for a while, but I probably won’t be and I don’t have somebody I can ask to watch her on weekends if I travel and it’s been really hard. I love Cleo so much, and it breaks my heart to have to do this, but I just want her to have the best life. I’d like to find someone in Florida, preferably even further south Florida so that she can easily be outside year round. I’d also prefer to find someone that has experience with tortoises. However, if there’s a new member that has been looking for some time and has got all their care information from here then that’d be good too. I also don’t want her to go to someone that has a ton of tortoises or just wants to make a profit from her. She’s really “come out of her shell” the past few months and will now come to me when she sees me in the yard and will respond to butt scratches. Makes it even harder to do this. One of my posts from a long time ago was actually asking about if she’ll ever warm up to me and she finally has…. But I’ve always loved her even when she would just play rock. So I’m really hoping to find her a great home where she can be loved and cared for just as much as she has been. She has a heated house I made that’d I’d be willing to give to whoever adopted her if they needed one.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry you need to do this. Katie that watched before doesn't want her or can watch her again until you are settled?
Just be very careful of the newbies that join just to get a free tortoise. A leopard is very seldom ever given away. So I would try to hold out for a long time forum member as long as possible.
Good luck.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi everyone,

I’m looking to find a home for my leopard tortoise Cleo. I’ve had her for over 8 years, and it’s actually coming up on her birthday. I’m really, really sad to be rehoming her, but I want to do what’s best for her. @Katie11 stepped in and saved the day when I needed a temporary foster over the last year. She took such amazing care of Cleo and I still can not thank her enough. When I got Cleo back I thought I was done moving, and would be in the Florida panhandle for a while, but I probably won’t be and I don’t have somebody I can ask to watch her on weekends if I travel and it’s been really hard. I love Cleo so much, and it breaks my heart to have to do this, but I just want her to have the best life. I’d like to find someone in Florida, preferably even further south Florida so that she can easily be outside year round. I’d also prefer to find someone that has experience with tortoises. However, if there’s a new member that has been looking for some time and has got all their care information from here then that’d be good too. I also don’t want her to go to someone that has a ton of tortoises or just wants to make a profit from her. She’s really “come out of her shell” the past few months and will now come to me when she sees me in the yard and will respond to butt scratches. Makes it even harder to do this. One of my posts from a long time ago was actually asking about if she’ll ever warm up to me and she finally has…. But I’ve always loved her even when she would just play rock. So I’m really hoping to find her a great home where she can be loved and cared for just as much as she has been. She has a heated house I made that’d I’d be willing to give to whoever adopted her if they needed one.
I DO know someone in south Florida that keeps a few Leopard tortoises.
He's located in PEMBROKE PINES.
Let me know if that sounds acceptable and PM me with a phone number or an Email address and I'll get you two in contact with each other.

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

So sorry you need to do this. Katie that watched before doesn't want her or can watch her again until you are settled?
Just be very careful of the newbies that join just to get a free tortoise. A leopard is very seldom ever given away. So I would try to hold out for a long time forum member as long as possible.
Good luck.
Thank you. Katie was no longer able to watch her and at that time I was making my move to Florida so it worked out. I’m definitely gonna be extra cautious. I don’t know if asking for some amount for her would help weed anyone who’s not serious about her out. I know sometimes people do that. But I just want to find her a good home.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
Hi everyone,

What does your rehoming involve? Any shipping?

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
I know someone in Homestead who could take her as well.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I DO know someone in south Florida that keeps a few Leopard tortoises.
He's located in PEMBROKE PINES.
Let me know if that sounds acceptable and PM me with a phone number or an Email address and I'll get you two in contact with each other.
This sounds good and I hope it works out.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Do they actually want another tortoise? I don’t just wanna pawn her off on someone.
Sorry for the late reply, i have been swamped. I will ask tomorrow. Can you post pictures?

Katie11

Baker fl
Omg girl why didn't you call me ...of course I'll take her back....I hardly ever get on here. Do you still have my number?

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
Omg girl why didn't you call me ...of course I'll take her back....I hardly ever get on here. Do you still have my number?
I didn’t think you’d be able too, I didn’t want to bother you! Yes, I still have her! I’ll text you!

Lonisdragon

Lake Worth
Hi everyone,

Hi - I am very interested in adopting if you still need - we have a huge property in west Lake Worth, I’ve been wanting a Leopard Tortoise for some time - she would be deeply loved and incredibly spoiled - I look forward to hearing from you 💖