Reliability Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_moon

5 Year Member
Hi there, I've recently been looking into purchasing 2 Russian Tortoises. I live Canada and have found it difficult to find a reputable breeder. However, I've come across an online seller that ships internationally that claims to have captive bred torts. I was just wondering if anyone here has dealt with Big Apple Pet Supply or knows if they're a reputable source. Thanks!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
I have bought supplies from them, but never live animals. I've had no problem buying supplies from them though.

Danny

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I've never purchased from them, but you may want to make sure it's legal to import tortoises to Canada before trying.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Crystal Moon:

698050l0l34mzaqp.gif

to the forum!!

Please be sure to check with Canada's import laws before you buy a tortoise from out of the country. One of your countrymen here on the forum purchased a tortoise from a seller here in the States and they weren't able to get the tortoise OR their money back.

brianfurtado

5 Year Member
I think the breeder I got my Greek from breeds Russians. He's in Canada and VERY reputable. He has a store called the Vivarium in LaSalle Ontario. I don't know if he'll ship an animal, but you can certainly ask. His name is Brent...

crystal_moon

5 Year Member
Thank you all for the replies! I now realize how much of a difficult process it is, and have since found a potential breeder in Canada. I am currently in the midst of contacting them for more information.

Thanks Brian! I sent you a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.