Replacement for flood bulbs?

ReiGuy

Location (City and/or State)
NJ
With the newer lighting restrictions incandescent flood bulbs are no longer available to purchase anywhere by me and I'm not able to find them online. I've been purchasing bulk packs of Philips and GE branded bulbs in bulk for years and I just ran out of my remaining stash.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so, what are you now using instead?

I do see Arcadia makes Flood bulbs you can still buy online but they're much pricier than the GE and Philips since they're reptile branded. I use them for multiple pets so trying to find the most cost effective source available.

Thank you for any input.

ReiGuy

NJ
Thank you, everyone, for your feedback. I'm going to check out that other thread for additional recommendations.

Tom, I don't know how I didn't see those - I will purchase them. But my, oh my, 75 dollars for 12 bulbs? Here in Jersey, that same pack was 25 bucks in 2022. (Still a heck of a lot cheaper than 12 arcadias)

Does any forum member in the USA still see incandescent floods at their local hardware stores, home depots, Walmart, etc.?

I ask because after speaking to the manager at my local mom and pop hardware store, he told me as of 2023, incandescent bulbs can no longer be produced in the USA.

I found the link below about this. I'm curious what others are experiencing at their local retail stores. (If they are truly banned from production now, that could be a reason Amazon is price gouging. I've noticed they do it with other end of life products)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
As far as I know, they are not available in stores. Haven't been here in Chicago for some time now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you, everyone, for your feedback. I'm going to check out that other thread for additional recommendations.

Tom, I don't know how I didn't see those - I will purchase them. But my, oh my, 75 dollars for 12 bulbs? Here in Jersey, that same pack was 25 bucks in 2022. (Still a heck of a lot cheaper than 12 arcadias)

Does any forum member in the USA still see incandescent floods at their local hardware stores, home depots, Walmart, etc.?

I ask because after speaking to the manager at my local mom and pop hardware store, he told me as of 2023, incandescent bulbs can no longer be produced in the USA.

I found the link below about this. I'm curious what others are experiencing at their local retail stores. (If they are truly banned from production now, that could be a reason Amazon is price gouging. I've noticed they do it with other end of life products)

Do a search on Amazon. You should find them cheaper then 75 bucks for 12.

ReiGuy

NJ
Do a search on Amazon. You should find them cheaper then 75 bucks for 12.

I appreciate your help. It looks like the 12 pack may be the best value right now but they do offer some smaller packs. I'm going to keep searching and will share any good sources I find with the forum. But for now the 12 pack will give me peace of mind and keep me set for a while.

One thing I do love about Amazon, is if even just 1 bulb breaks in transit, they'll send another full pack as a replacement and let you keep the original bulbs.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I used to pay $10 for a 12 pack just a few years ago. If only I had known what was coming...