Reptibark ok?

babytortie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Is Reptibark ok to use for a sulcata enclosure? I've read about orchid bark being good to use, but haven't had success finding this stuff so I ended up using reptibark. My tort is still a baby (2.5"). A majority of the substrate I use is coco fiber/eco earth and the reptibark is only in a small area.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think Reptibark is fir bark which is the same thing as orchid bark.

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Is Reptibark ok to use for a sulcata enclosure? I've read about orchid bark being good to use, but haven't had success finding this stuff so I ended up using reptibark. My tort is still a baby (2.5"). A majority of the substrate I use is coco fiber/eco earth and the reptibark is only in a small area.
reptibark is perfect , ive used it for my hatchling since i got them, i use repitbark around there feeding area and water area and eco earth for the rest, this works well , cause when they are feeding and bathing , they dont eat a bunch of substrate, and when the bathe they also dont get substrate stuck all over them, the reptibark is great stuff

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
On a side note, it actually smells kind of nice. I rather enjoy it now that I've started using it.

Shellhugger

I actually was wondering the same for a prospective Hermann I may get (soon!). I want to plant seeds for it to eat too so I was thinking of mixing the bark with soil..or maybe mixing half soil/bark and then doing just a soil area for more plants. Advice? I also have organic soil, so it should be safe for a little fellow to live on-right? Thanks to all for help!