ReptiChip Substrate

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I took a chance on the ReptiChip Substrate from Amazon:

http://a.co/acsmB73

This product was fascinating as it came in a 10 inch cube but claimed to be 2.5 cuft. It's large chunks of coconut husks that absorb water and keep my open top tortoise table much more humid.
Prior to using this product, my daily highs for humidity were at 85%-90% at night when i cover the table, to around 60-70% when i get home from work and spray it down.
Since i have switched to a mix with the ReptiChip, the humidity has stayed pegged at 80-90% all day long, which is fantastic for an open top (day time) table.
It is pricey, but i would say when it is mixed with the fir bark, it makes quite a substantial amount of substrate and i wouldn't hesitate to purchase again.

Just thought I'd share my experience as this product has been worthwhile in my opinion

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's fine. It's just coco coir chunks, and a lot of us use that.

Ohio
That's fine. It's just coco coir chunks, and a lot of us use that.
Yep it's pretty basic, I was just impressed with how luxurious it is and how hilarious it was to watch it do its' thing.

Make sure you record the first time you dump water on it because it expands rapidly like a volcano and would be great to catch on video.