Reptile show

Jualie

Location (City and/or State)
Grimes, Iowa
Ok guys, I’m in need of a bigger house for my redfoot. Never been to a reptile show before, do you think I can find one at a decent price? What do you recommend for a 4 year old redfoot? She’s in a glass cage now, got to find something that holds humidity

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Depends upon how much you want to spend. Don't buy the Zoo Med Tortoise House as it's not big enough, and it's made of wood and won't hold up to the moisture your RF tortoise needs. If you can't build you own enclosure, then think about going to a big home goods store like Home Depot or Lowe's and buy the biggest plastic tub you can find. I like to use the Christmas Tree Storage bin mfg'd by Iris:

1580314002026.png

But even that may not be big enough for a full size RF tortoise.

Last edited:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Your not going to find anything big enough for an adult Redfoot. Your only option is going to be too build, or have one built for you.

DJ Kirk

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
I built my own using a large melamine refrigerator cabinet I found at a re-use store. I found all the pre-fab PVC enclosures that would be big enough were far too expensive - the cheapest was $700 all the way up to $1400. Pics of my build last summer are on here somewhere. It's working out quite well. No problems in 6 months and counting.... knock wood.