Space efficient tortoise enclosure

evil_tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hey guys! I have a 8 year old redfoot, she lives in the spare room in her enclosure. She’s due a new one however my nephew who’s very ill maybe coming to live with us, so she’ll have to come into my room. Her current enclosure will fit but she’s desperately needs a bigger one and my room is pretty small. I need ideas if anyone has made a tortoise enclosure fit in a small room, like under a bed or something haha. I would love her to live outside unfortunately I live in the uk and there has been burglary’s in my area so I don’t trust that. Thank you!

evil_tortoise

England
My bad 😂 I’m not home right now and I don’t have any pictures of her enclosure, I’ll take some proper ones of her and her enclosure when I’m home. :) I think her current enclosure is around 5ft by 4ft.

Attachments

• IMG_8835.jpeg
    IMG_8835.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 8

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey guys! I have a 8 year old redfoot, she lives in the spare room in her enclosure. She’s due a new one however my nephew who’s very ill maybe coming to live with us, so she’ll have to come into my room. Her current enclosure will fit but she’s desperately needs a bigger one and my room is pretty small. I need ideas if anyone has made a tortoise enclosure fit in a small room, like under a bed or something haha. I would love her to live outside unfortunately I live in the uk and there has been burglary’s in my area so I don’t trust that. Thank you!
You could make a super cool giant closed chamber and have your bed on top of it. That would be awesome to see!

evil_tortoise

England
You could make a super cool giant closed chamber and have your bed on top of it. That would be awesome to see!
I was thinking this it sounds really good!! I’m not sure how to go about it, with her needing humidity and stuff. 😭

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was thinking this it sounds really good!! I’m not sure how to go about it, with her needing humidity and stuff. 😭
Build it with moisture proof materials like expanded PVD sheets, and plenty of caulking to contain any moisture. It would need to be a large closed chamber.

evil_tortoise

England
Build it with moisture proof materials like expanded PVD sheets, and plenty of caulking to contain any moisture. It would need to be a large closed chamber.
How would I go about ventilation? I’ll do my research into it and get my dad to help because he’s better at this then me 😂

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How would I go about ventilation? I’ll do my research into it and get my dad to help because he’s better at this then me 😂
You can make adjustable vents on the sides and/or back, plus there will be a fair amount of air leakage around the doors too. You don't need a lot of ventilation. Too much ventilation will ventilate your warm humid air away. You want to mostly contain that warm humid air.