rescued red foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitCNC

5 Year Member
I was searching craigslist two days ago when i found an ad for a female red foot. The ad said she was 9" long and was in good health, but she could not keep her because of space issues. So i emailed her and made plans to meet up with her today to see the tort. I walked in her house and found that the red foot was housed in a 4'x2' wooden enclosure, which is a little small given her size. When i first layed eyes on her i almost teared up a bit ( and im a grown man). She has some pretty sever pyramiding, and looked dehydrated. She explained that the owner before her rescued it from the original owner in which most of the damage was done by. She had really only had her for about 3 weeks when she realized that she couldn't house a tort that large and decided that it deserved better care. She was doing the best she could to care for it but wanted someone that could give her a good home with lots of space. The red foot was very alert, active and very sweet for how neglected she was. Besides whistling a little when she breaths she seems pretty healthy. So i told the women that id take her and give her a better home and she gave me a huge hug and said thank you about 20 times. Now i have her back at my house awaiting her new enclosure which i will be building tomorrow. Its only going to be about 6'x4' for now until i can make something bigger or wait till this summer when i can house her outside with my other red foots. She seems very happy given her history, i just hope that her past neglect hasn't shave to many years off her life. Ill post pics tomorrow if i can, ive never seen a red foot as pryamided as she is. :(

RabbitCNC

5 Year Member
Well here are some pictures of her this morning. I think something might have gotten a hold of the tip of her tail (it seems to be missing). As you can see her pyramiding is pretty sever. But im going to give her a better life now. :D

0303120742a.jpg

0303120742b.jpg

0303120743a.jpg

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chester County, PA
Wow- she's the poster child of pyramiding! Poor thing!! I'm so happy she's yours :)!!! She actually looks happy! She must know she has a great home now :)!

EddieW

10 Year Member!
Orlando
Wow that's so sad poor thing :/ Great to know that it will now be getting the life it deserves she must be so happy!!!

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
I hope it is the one that is in Sylmar, CA on Craigslist. I saw the photo and just died for the little thing. I am in over my head with tortoise rescues right now or I would have tried to take that one too out of the terrible tank they have it in.

Long live the shell! Way to go!

RabbitCNC

5 Year Member
Yes she was very dry when i got her yesterday, but ive been trying to soak her as much as possible. I just finished up building her new enclosure. Its not much but its better then what she had. Im going to try and get her dehydration taken care of asap, then ill make sure she has a regulated diet. She seems to be in decent health but ill have to keep a close eye on her for a while. Oh and i named her LADY!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good job on the rescue! Lady looks like a sweetie!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Bad pyramiding, and from the flat look of the shell MBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.