Rescued sulcata

Smazril

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Oregon
Hello all!
I have recently taken in a young sulcata. For now, I call her a she. Her name is Terry. She started life with folks who weren't prepared to support her. We live in Central Oregon and the person I picked her up from had taken her in before he knew she wouldn't hibernate. She has a Saddleback and pyramiding. I am a CVT but don't have much experience with reptiles. I will take her to work for accurate measuring and weight check. I feel as though she is small. So far she is a happy gal with grass, sun, and warmer than 60 degrees to sleep in! I'm excited to help her thru this time. Technically, I am fostering her. But everyone who knows me knows I've adopted!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ. Torts are great !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Depending upon how young/small this new tortoise is, 60F might be too cool at night for it.

Smazril

5 Year Member
Central Oregon
Welcome to the Forum!

Depending upon how young/small this new tortoise is, 60F might be too cool at night for it.

Well... She has of course just been coming inside at night haha! She has a small indoor set up for nights. I will have to revamp it over the next month as our winter starts to move in. She is 10 inches long and 6 inches wide. She has a doctor check up Thursday just so I don't miss anything as a newbie!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
She has definitely had a hard start in life but now she has a great home. Give her everything she needs and she'll be happy.

tryme

5 Year Member
London
Bless her i hope you can continue to give her good care

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I just glad that she is with you now. Bless your heart! ! ! !