Research research research

Mark Tenerife

Location (City and/or State)
Tenerife
OK so my little beauty Freda a Russian has turned into a very expensive pet plus she is grumpy like me and fussy with her food like me and likes her own company like me.
The research part of this has many parts to it. Firstly I had 2 tourtouse Freddie & Freda but later realised they don't get lonely they are solitary (mistake number 1) luckily the shop took Freddie back. Then the enclosure 400€ to build ( no problem I want her to be happy) now the plants to eat....turns out the tree in the enclosure is toxic so I have to move the tree. I live in Tenerife and the average temperature is 80 - 90 a little warm for Freda so she needs lots of shade. I love her to bits and she will have the best I can give her. I just wish she would wag her tail and say thanks Mark lol. But buyer beware, research first it was the same with my ponds and Koi will I ever learn!!! Oh the Koi, cats, dogs, and Freda are happy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We (as a whole) do the best we can with what we got. It's all good.

Mark Tenerife

Tenerife
Thanks Yvonne tourtouse are so funny mine is only about 5 inches maybe 2 years old and captive bred. I have been told that because she has never been in the wild she may not know what is good and bad to eat. She loved Broccoli and I thought I was onto a winner until I was advised to avoid it. I have to say thank goodness for this site. It is so important. I assumed she would eat all the good things and avoid the bad. Soon once the frangipani tree is moved she will be in a lovely enclosure. So a happy Freda (although she would never admit it)