RI

vikas

Location (City and/or State)
Maharashtra
Help me about RI ,I have tortoise who get infected since last 2 days (temperature is in control 80 to 85 always)...
Please give me idea what I do ,here no vet available near me ,if you can please help me !!!
Give me medicine to treat her ...
I love so much animals so I can do anything for my tort !!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Is this tortoise new to you? Sometimes the stress of being moved to a new home causes runny nose symptoms, but it's not an infection, just stress, and should go away on its own in a week or so - or when the tortoise gets used to its new home.

I don't do anything about a runny/bubbly nose unless the discharge turns thick and colored or unless the tortoise stops eating. Then I use antibiotics to clean up the symptoms. Your temperature seems good. what is the temperature at night?

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with Yvonne. Not all runny noses is an RI. Usually the temp being kept warmer then usual 85 day and night will clear things up if it isn't an actual RI.
So keep up with the temp being no lower then 85 day and night and still giving a basking spot of 95-100. A humidity of 80% also.

vikas

Maharashtra
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Is this tortoise new to you? Sometimes the stress of being moved to a new home causes runny nose symptoms, but it's not an infection, just stress, and should go away on its own in a week or so - or when the tortoise gets used to its new home.

I don't do anything about a runny/bubbly nose unless the discharge turns thick and colored or unless the tortoise stops eating. Then I use antibiotics to clean up the symptoms. Your temperature seems good. what it the temperature at night?
She is eating well & yeah it's new (about 1 month ) , night temperature near 30°c...
Thank you so so so much...

vikas

Maharashtra
I agree with Yvonne. Not all runny noses is an RI. Usually the temp being kept warmer then usual 85 day and night will clear things up if it isn't an actual RI.
So keep up with the temp being no lower then 85 day and night and still giving a basking spot of 95-100. A humidity of 80% also.
& one side block of nose clearly active ...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I see. Blocked with what? Crusty/hard discharge or blocked with funny discharge?
Can you give him a warm water soak and try and wash out/off the blockage? Keep him and water warm the whole time you are soaking.

vikas

Maharashtra
I see. Blocked with what? Crusty/hard discharge or blocked with funny discharge?
Can you give him a warm water soak and try and wash out/off the blockage? Keep him and water warm the whole time you are soaking.
She is littrly good now ...
But now I am going to visit vet for cheak up ...
Yes soak with warm water daily, nose like make a bubbles..can't see properly (it's just starting)...
She eat well ,she is active well, daily soak with warm water, daily sunbath at least 1 hour at morning, using food like mashroom, pumpkin, coriander ,sometimes (okra), fenugreek (& don't like grass ,hibiscus ), zucchini, (I mixed grass & hibiscus in cucumber) ,radishe...

vikas

Maharashtra
She is good without vet... Thanks you all to help me & my tort.