5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Nice looking painted turtle

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Instead of sounding like a weenie and creating another post saying road rescue number 3, I figured I'd just update this one. Picked up another snapping turtle today. We experienced some heavy rains the other day, he was sitting in a large mud puddle on the side of the road. All three of these turtle's have come from the same location all within a hundred yards of each other on the same stretch of road. There's two large gravel pits that they have converted into man-made lakes with a bunch of fancy houses around them. They seem to keep crossing the road to get from one body of water to the other. I ended up putting this guy in the extended cab of my truck and brought him to a private pond that I know of. It doesn't get hardly any people visiting it, and the roads are gravel and don't receive a lot of traffic. I just wanted to know if I get another snapping turtle, am I better off releasing it in it's home body of water? The road I got him off of is very heavily traveled, I also feared some of the residents of that lake might possibly do him harm because he's a snapping turtle and he does what snapping turtles do. Anywho here's a couple pics of him, not the greatest the sun was bearing down on us.20180601_171439.jpeg20180601_172106.jpeg

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Thank you, I wish I could get to more of them. We see more squished along that strip of road then we save.